Le Chameau Magento 1 to Magento 2
Founded in 1927, Le Chameau are master bootmakers with a heritage steeped in innovation and technology.
Having supported them for over three years, Full English was pleased to partner with them in 2019 to fully redesign and migrate their online store from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
Whilst they had not experienced any performance issues with their existing store, Le Chameau recognised the advantages of migrating to Magento 2 well ahead of the withdrawal of support for Magento 1 in June 2020.
With exciting plans to drive growth across the business, the Le Chameau team had a clear brief for what they wanted to achieve with their new store which included:
• A refreshed ‘look and feel’ to reflect their updated brand identity and deliver a high-end shopping experience.
• Expansion of their product categories to include a new clothing range.
• A responsive design which put mobile browsing first.
• Ensuring the new website took full advantage of Magento 2’s additional capabilities plus current best practice in online retail in order to increase sales performance.
• Updates to their English, French and US sites and the creation of a new German site.
The Migration Process
We worked closely with Le Chameau to agree a six month migration programme that allowed plenty of time for data migration and rigorous testing.
There was a clear deadline for the launch to coincide with a seasonally quieter period for sales and in time for the release of the new clothing range in late July.
This migration programme included a four step process which focused on:
- Transferring all data from their existing site to the new system.
- Development of the design layouts for the new online store.
- Ensuring all extensions and integrations were updated and working correctly in Magento 2.
- Testing the new website and managing its launch effectively.
Throughout the course of the six month period, we worked collaboratively alongside Le Chameau’s ecommerce team to develop designs, check and update functionality and test each element of the international sites thoroughly.
Impact of the Magento 2 Solution
The new Magento 2 online store delivered significantly better performance for Le Chameau immediately.
From the time of the launch in mid July 2019 to 31st December 2019, the new Magento 2 site delivered a year on year increase in conversion rate of more than 30%.
Le Chameau also saw overall sales growth following the launch with year on year, like for like sales noticeably improved.
Since the launch of the Magento 2 store, Full English have continued to work closely with their ecommerce team to provide and support the ongoing development and upgrade of the website.
Le Chameau’s Feedback
Full English’s knowledge and understanding of Magento 2 and how to get the most from it, is second to none. They are meticulous in their planning and execution and I was really impressed by their passion and drive to get things right across key issues such as security and the protection of data.
The team know when to challenge and when to push back and I valued their pragmatic, direct approach. They provide excellent levels of support and instill complete confidence in terms of their knowledge and expertise.
I am very happy with the results our new Magento 2 website has delivered for our business
Matthew Dye, Le Chameau